- Dedais is an independent, ethically and sustainably made brand. We are on a journey towards sustainability and are aware of the positive environmental and social impact we can have. Our matching family garments are made of organic and recycled fabrics and are produced by Barbara, Founder and Director, at her home studio in West London, so you know that your clothes are made responsibly under fair working conditions. All postage material and stationary are 100% recycled and biodegradable.
- Our mission is to educate on how to be more environmentally conscious when you choose to buy from a responsible brand like Dedais.
- All the products at Dedais benefit the people involved in the garment process, from farmers to you and your kids, on top of that, the planet also benefits from our ethical practice. All our products are unique, exclusive, premium quality and trendless. We also aim to be as transparent as possible, providing you with traceable information we find important for you.
- We pride ourselves on producing small sustainable capsule collections, with only a few meticulously selected pieces, acting against fast fashion. We only produce two seasonal collections a year, which gives us time to do a deeper research on sustainable fabrics. We are committed to creating timeless garments that do not follow seasonal trends, long-lasting and can be worn season after season
- We mainly work on a made-to-order basis, thus reducing overstock and unnecessary excess, avoiding landfill waste and contributing to the protection of the environment. We work against fast fashion.
- Our aim is to avoid wastage. We recycle and repurpose our textile scraps into different designs. Zero waste is our goal.
- Our Sunshine and Sunrise sweatshirts composition is 85% organic cotton and 15% recycled polyester. The sleeves are made with repurposed fabrics.
- The decorations of our Deep Love range are made of recycled plastic bottles.
- Primarily we are an e-commerce retailer, which means that we use about 30% less energy than traditional retail spaces.
- Our packaging is plastic free and biodegradable. Our boxes are made of recycled and recyclable materials, which you can reuse or repurpose. The mailers we use are 100% biodegradable and also reusable. That means they will disintegrate completely, leaving no toxic chemicals behind, just like organic waste.
- We require that our suppliers share our vision of sustainability, accountability and transparency. They also need to meet our standards for social responsibility, fair and safe working environment, manufacturing methods and premium materials.
- We use the most eco-friendly couriers to ship our products nationally and internationally.
- Our organic products are GOTS and OCS certified, the two most important certifications. We do not own the certifications ourselves, our suppliers do.They are available on request.
GOTS is the gold standard for sustainable processing of textiles made from organically grown fibres.
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is recognised as the world's leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibres. It defines high-level environmental criteria along the entire organic textiles supply chain and requires compliance with social criteria as well.
Key facts about GOTS
- GOTS approved products must contain at least 70% organic fibre content
- GOTS approved products never contain potentially harmful chemicals which can be found in conventional textile production
- GOTS approved companies are better for the environment (by managing their environmental impact, have high social standards, reduce energy and review water usage)
- GOTS means safe working conditions, no discrimination and no child labour
- GOTS approved products have the entire supply chain verified, even the farms must have certification to a legally recognised standard.
- The details matter - buttons, threads, zips have to meet strict residue criteria of GOTS
- It is a voluntary standard
GOTS Certification is carried out by independent experts who physically inspect companies and facilities to verify standards are met.
Key facts about OCS
- Textile Exchange's Organic Content Standard verifies that a product contains organically grown material. It does not address the use of chemicals or any social or environmental aspects of production; it only covers the traceability of the organic material. The OCS uses the chain of custody requirements of the Textile Exchange Content Claim Standard (CCS).
By buying from Dedais you know that you are buying ethically and responsibly, not only for the people involved in the whole garment process (from the farmer to you and your kids), but also for the environment.
Check our range of matching sets for the family and get a free facemask with your order.